The Citizens Bank of Rogersville was formed as a corporation on December 15, 1908, with $10,000 in capital stock. The first Board of Directors consisted of seven shareholders: J.A. Barnard, W.T. Breedlove, G.W. Cozby, W.D. Delzell, T.A. Hornbeak, James T. Morris, and Wiand Tunnell.
The first bank location was at 110 Front Street. In 1964 the bank was moved to 100 East Front Street. The location was in the heart of the community at the crossroads of State Highway B and Front Street. The location was significantly expanded in 1983 to include modern conveniences and additional drive through lanes to accommodate an increasingly mobile community. A 1991 change in banking laws allowed banks to have branches in multiple counties. In January 1992, Citizens Bank of Rogersville opened a branch in Greene County at the corner of US Highway 60 and Farm Road 189, nine miles west of Rogersville.
The present main bank location at 1001 West Center Street was opened in July 2002 at the corner of US Highway 60 and Business 60.Seven presidents have served the bank during the last 105 years including our current President Brian L. VanFosson, 2013 – Present.
In August 2013, Citizens Bank of Rogersville was accquired by a new holding company called Wildcat Bancshares Inc. This new ownership group is primarily made up of local individuals committed to the bank and to the community.
History of Rogersville
The largest settlement in this area in the mid 1800's was Henderson, with a population of about 300. Henderson was located 16 miles east of Springfield in a valley, by a stream and on the mail highway. It was a perfect place for a town.
In 1882, the Kansas City and Memphis Railroad came through two miles to the south of Henderson. When it became known that a depot was to be erected, a young physician, Dr. Isaac Rogers agreed to donate $50 to defray the expense of surveying and laying out lots and streets if they would use his name for the settlement. The original survey was done by J.J. Watts.
The first postmaster was appointed in September 1882. Five rural carriers began in 1904 using horse and buggy. The population of Rogersville had grown to 450. School was held in the blacksmith shop in 1884. A community church, which housed a lodge hall on the second story, was built in 1885. A newspaper, The Rogersville Record, obtained a "second class matter permit" at the post office in October 1915. The first bank opened in 1890 but failed during the Depression. The Citizens Bank of Rogersville was chartered in 1908. Rogersville was incorporated as a village in 1916. Some street lights were operating as early as 1927. In 1932, US Highway 60 was paved through town.
There is no city, village or hamlet named "Logan." The Logan family donated the land on Farm Road 164, for the Logan Elementary School, built in 1955. In 1965, the K-8 Logan School District in southest Greene County consolidated with the Rogersville School District in Webster County, and the combined entity became known as the Logan-Rogersville School District.